The daughter of working class parents, I am proud to call Greeley home. I watched my parents struggle to provide a better life for my family with their work in oil and gas, and the meat industry. Growing up in a domestic violence household I learned at a young age what kind of difference I could make just by speaking up. Since then, I have dedicated my life to standing up for those that are unable to stand up for themselves. I am committed to ensuring that every Coloradan has access to the quality of life that our state has to offer.
Why I'm running
I am running because I am one of you and I want to ensure that Greeley, Evans, and Garden City has the type of leadership that reflects the people. My passion for engaging in Colorado politics began in high school while serving on the Greeley Youth Commission. This eventually led me to become a field organizer for President Obama’s 2012 re-election. Since then I have worked on top targeted local and national campaigns including State Representative Dave Young’s re-election bid in 2014. That same year the Hispanic Women of Weld County presented me with their Community Leadership Award for this work and dedication.
Right now, people feel that the system is rigged against them, and there is mistrust in the government no matter what side of the aisle you stand on. This is one of the reasons why I got involved in politics. From a young age I saw that my voice could promote effective change and because of that, I have devoted my life to standing up for people that are unable to stand up for themselves.
In November 2015, I broke my first glass ceiling becoming the first openly gay elected official to the City of Greeley. I want to ensure that every Coloradan has access to well-paying jobs, quality education, and transparency in all levels of government. It is time that we empower people to feel excited about the future of their government.
Colorado has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. I will work to ensure that Colorado continues this success. I want to ensure we have a thriving labor force by continuing to promote small business development, innovation, and technical assistance, particularly here in Northern Colorado.
Colorado currently ranks 43rd in the nation on per student spending (Source: 2015 Annual Survey of School System Finances, U.S. Census Bureau) The state currently spends around $3,000 per student. Our schools continue to grow yet have to fight for a small pool of funding. I will fight to provide schools with the funding they need to provide students with the education necessary for the 21st century.
Transparency and Accessibility
It seems like politicians these days are afraid to talk to their constituents. I will not be afraid to talk to you. As a member of the city council, I hold monthly town halls so that my constituents always know a time they can talk to me. I also provided a monthly newsletter in English and Spanish to update my community on their local governments happenings. This transparency and accessibility will continue while I serve as your next State Representative.
Rochelle Galindo has been endorsed for the position of Colorado House District 50 by several prominent members of the community. Please pledge your support along with those that have officially endorsed her:
- United States Congressman Jared Polis
- United States Congressman Ed Perlmutter
- Former United States Congresswoman Betsy Markey
- Colorado State Representative Joe Salazar
- Colorado State Representative Daneya Esgar
- Colorado State Representative Adrienne Benavidez
- Colorado State Representative Paul Rosenthal
- Colorado State Representative Leslie Herod
- Colorado State Representative Jovan Melton
- Colorado State Senator Dominick Moreno
- Colorado State Board of Education Member Rebecca McClellan
- Mayor of Edgewater Kris Teegardin
- Thornton City Councilmember Val Vigil
- Lakewood City Councilmember Jacob LaBure
- Weld County District 6 School Board President Roger Dewitt
- Weld County District 6 School Board Member Rhonda Solis
- Weld County District 6 School Board Member Terri Pappas
- Adams County Commissioner Chaz Tedesco
- Adams County Commissioner Mary Hodge
- Adams County Commissioner Eva Henry
- Former Colorado State Senator Polly Baca
- Healthcare Advocate Carrie Ann Lucas